New to PIVOT Pilates + Restorative Exercise? Here are a few of our expert tips to help you get the most out of your sessions!
1) Wear clothing that's comfortable but also allows you and your instructor to see the outline of your body.
2) Wear clothing that is also comfortable in different positions, such as bending down or lying on your back with your legs propped up.
3) Wear long hair off your shoulders so your instructor can clearly see your neck and upper back. Soft elastics or clips are recommended as barrettes or combs can be uncomfortable while lying on your back.
4) Go barefoot if you can. All sessions are done without shoes, but going without socks will give you more traction and more spatial awareness.
5) Ditch the chewing gum. Fresh breath is appreciated, but chewing gum can affect your breathing mechanics and how your core muscles work.
6) Communicate with your instructor. Your instructor will ask you questions to help facilitate learning and make programming decisions, especially in the beginning stages.
7) Pay attention to how your body feels for the rest of the day and the following morning, and let your instructor know. This will help guide your next session!
8) Pat yourself on the back for making an investment in yourself!